Early Bird Registration of only $50 ends at midnight January 25th!
Since this is a festival and not a competition there are very few guidelines for your group! We are hosting four separate divisions:
Division I - University Ensembles *4 or more trumpets, no part doubling allowed
Division II - Intermediate and Advanced High School Ensembles *4 or more trumpets, no part doubling allowed
Division III - Middle School/Young High School Ensembles *3 or more trumpets - part doubling is allowed at this level.
Division IV - All-Ages
*4 or more trumpets, no part doubling allowed
*Each group may have a conductor, either playing or non-playing
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is registration? $200 per ensemble. See below for a list of benefits and opportunities!
2. For Middle School/Young High School groups, performance time is between 5 and 12 minutes. You may perform one or more works in this time frame so long as you do not exceed 12 minutes in total performance time.
3. For High School, University, and All-Age ensembles, performance time is between 8 and 12 minutes.
You may perform one or more works in this time frame so long as you do not exceed 12 minutes in total performance time.
4. Each group will have 25 minutes in which to enter the stage, perform, receive judges comments, and exit the stage.
5. Original works and transcriptions are welcome!
6. Each group must submit a legible score for each work to be performed.
7. Trumpets in any key (piston, rotary, natural/Baroque), flugelhorns, and bass trumpets (or valve trombones) are allowed. Anything other is highly discouraged.
8. How do I apply/register? Submit your application via the link below. Your application along with a deposit will secure your performance and participation in the festival!
Trumpet Ensemble Festival Schedule
(tentative - changes are possible)
8:00am - Warmup room open for all groups
~Each group will be in transit 10 minutes prior to their performance time.
~Performances are limited to 12 minutes
9am – Group 1 Performance
9:25am – Group 2 Performance
9:50am – Group 3 Performance
10:15am – Group 4 Performance
10:45am-11:30am – READING & RECORDING SESSION #1 for Groups 1 thru 4
11:40am – Group 5 Performance
11:05am – Group 6 Performance
11:30am – Group 7 Performance
11:55am – Group 8 Performance
12:00pm-12:45pm – READING & RECORDING SESSION #2 for Groups 5-8
1:00pm – Group 9 Performance
1:25pm – Group 10 Performance
1:50pm – Group 11 Performance
2:15pm – Group 12 Performance
2:45pm-3:30pm – READING & RECORDING SESSION #3 for Groups 9-12
3:35pm – Group 13 Performance
4:00pm – Group 14 Performance
4:25pm – Group 15 Performance
4:50pm – Group 16 Performance
5:00pm-5:45pm – READING & RECORDING SESSION #4 for Groups 13-16
Why this festival? What kind of experience will the performer have?
- performance opportunity in front of public
- performance for world-renown judges
- professional audio and video recording of the performance and coaching
- group picture prior to performance
- coaching by the judges, on-stage, immediately following the performance
- optional trumpet conference t-shirt ($25)
- trumpet players can attend the trumpet conference and concert the following day for an additional $25/player!
- Group escorts from the time of campus arrival until departure
- access to university dining and café
- campus tour (must be pre-arranged)
- morning and afternoon reading sessions lead by UIndy Faculty
- conference sponsors sneak preview
- autographed picture of judges & performers
- individual performances uploaded to Soundcloud and promoted on social media
- group reading/recording sessions uploaded to Soundcloud and promoted on social media
- featured performance on future studioHFL podcasts
- opportunity to be part of the mass trumpet ensemble at the conference the following evening with a special guest conductor!
Conference Registration Options & Fees
Early Bird means BIG Savings! - $50 if registered by 1/25/19.
After 1/25/19 the price goes up!
Conference & Concert - $85 if registered on or after 1/26/19.
March 9th Concert Only - $40
Conference T-Shirts - $20/each - must be pre-ordered!
Adult Sizes available are S - M - L - XL - 2XL - 3XL
8:00am - Registration & Exhibits Open
8:30am-9:15am - Group Warm Up!
9:15am-9:45am - Exhibits Open
9:45am-10:40am - Ron Romm Clinic
10:40am-11:00am - Exhibits Open
11:00am-11:55am - Jens Lindemann Clinic
11:55am-1:00pm - Lunch & Exhibits
1:00pm-1:45pm - Trumpet Ensemble Techniques
1:45pm-2:40pm - Cathy Leach Clinic
2:40pm-3:00pm - Exhibits
3:00pm-3:55pm - Jen Siukola Improv Clinic
3:55pm-4:15pm - Exhibits
4:15pm-5:10pm - Mass Fanfare Ensemble Rehearsal in Christel DeHaan
5:05pm-5:30pm - Exhibits
5:30pm - Dinner break
7:20pm – Mass Trumpet Ensemble in position
7:30pm - Opening & Welcome
7:35pm - Evening Concert with mass fanfare opening, then UIndy Jazz Band with Jens- intermission - Jens & Brassfire