Trumpet Day Registration Fees
Daytime Events (8pm-5pm)
Adults - $85
Students - $35
The evening concert is free and open to the public!
Conference T-Shirts - $20/each - must be pre-ordered!
Adult Sizes available are S - M - L - XL - 2XL - 3XL - 4XL
8:00am-10am - On-Site Registration
8:00am-5:00pm - Exhibits open
Exhibits will be open all day long, but we are dedicating time between sessions so everyone has the opportunity to visit each booth.
Note - EVERY session is interactive! Bring your trumpet and be a part of each clinic!
Ronald Romm & Stamp Method
9:25am-9:45am - Break & Exhibit Time
Cathy Leach Clinic - Staying in Balance: Exercises to Maximize your Sound and Efficiency
10:40am-11:00am - Break & Exhibit Time
Jens Lindemann Clinic
11:55am-1:00pm - Lunch & Exhibits
Chris Hasselbring Clinic - The Natural Trumpet, Why Bother?
1:55pm-2:30pm - Break & Exhibit Time
Doc Severinsen Masterclass
3:25pm-3:45pm - Break & Exhibit Time
UIndy Faculty Brass Quintet Masterclass
4:30pm-5:00pm - Break & Exhibit Time
5:00pm-5:30pm - Mass Fanfare Ensemble Rehearsal in Christel DeHaan
5:30pm - Dinner break
7:30pm -Evening Concert with:
- Mass Fanfare Opening,
- UIndy Faculty Brass Quintet
- Guest Artists Trumpet Ensemble
- Jens Lindemann & Brassfire
Since this is our inaugural festival and not a competition we have only an Open Division, meaning any size group may enter. However, we are encouraging following the NTC competition guidelines if your group is planning on attending NTC the following week.
1. No part doubling allowed. One person per part, please.
2. Each group may have a conductor, either playing or non-playing
3. Performance time is between 8 and 12 minutes. (Five minute minimum for younger ensembles).
You may perform one or more works in this time frame so long as you do not exceed 12 minutes in total performance time.
4. Each group will have 25 minutes in which to enter the stage, perform, receive judges comments, and exit the stage.
5. Original works and transcriptions are welcome!
6. Each group must submit a legible score for each work to be performed.
7. Trumpets in any key (piston, rotary, natural/Baroque), flugelhorns, and bass trumpets (or valve trombones) are allowed. Anything other is highly discouraged.
8. How do I apply/register? Submit your application via the link below. Your application along with a deposit will secure your performance and participation in the festival!
9. FEE - $150 per ensemble. See below for a list of benefits and opportunities!
Trumpet Ensemble Festival Schedule
(tentative - changes are possible depending on the number of applicants)
9:00am - Warmup room open for all groups
~Each group will be in transit 10 minutes prior to their performance time.
~Performances are limited to 12 minutes
10am – Group 1 Performance
10:25am – Group 2 Performance
10:50am – Group 3 Performance
11:15am – Group 4 Performance
11:45am-12:30pm – READING & RECORDING SESSION #1 for Groups 1 thru 4
12:40pm – Group 5 Performance
1:05pm – Group 6 Performance
1:30pm – Group 7 Performance
1:55pm – Group 8 Performance
2:00pm-2:45pm – READING & RECORDING SESSION #2 for Groups 5-8
Why this festival? What kind of experience will the performer have?
- performance opportunity in front of public
- performance for world-renown judges
- professional audio and video recording of the performance and coaching
- group picture prior to performance
- coaching by the judges, on-stage, immediately following the performance
- optional trumpet conference t-shirt ($25)
- trumpet players can attend the trumpet conference and concert the following day for an additional $25/player!
- Group escorts from the time of campus arrival until departure
- access to university dining and café
- campus tour (must be pre-arranged)
- morning and afternoon reading sessions lead by UIndy Faculty
- conference sponsors sneak preview
- autographed picture of judges & performers
- individual performances uploaded to Soundcloud and promoted on social media
- group reading/recording sessions uploaded to Soundcloud and promoted on social media
- featured performance on future studioHFL podcasts
- opportunity to be part of the mass trumpet ensemble at the conference the following evening with a special guest conductor!
Copyright © 2019 University of Indianapolis Trumpet Studio - All Rights Reserved.